Thursday 25 November 2010

I can blog again 25th November 2010.

Finally – I can blog again. Sorry for being so negligent toward my blog but I’ve been busy tied up on my NANOWRIMO projects. That’s right – plural. I said I was going to really push myself this year by doing two projects. Try to write two 50,000 word novels from scratch during November. Well I did it, one I completed yesterday and the other this morning. So that’s something over 101,000 words in 24 and a half days. Given one was a contemporary romance and the other a Ninth century Alternative military history piece, that seriously took some doing.

Effectively I’m written out (Ed: then how come he’s writing this – hey?)

At the same time though, I’m energised in other ways too – other projects spinning round in my head like there’s no tomorrow, and I need to get them down onto disk as soon as possible. Not actually going to happen but they’re bubbling there.

Neither book is truly finished, only the draft is finished, indeed the historical one needs at least another chapter inserting between chapters five and seven in order to link what appear to be disparate halves of the story. That’s what revision and editing and rewriting is all about.

I haven’t been idle on other fronts during this time either, in fact we’ll have some exciting news for our authors very shortly, which I will announce to them via the newsletter.

Two more books have gone to the printer this month, including our first non-fiction title, and I have high hopes for that one in particular in terms of sales.

I’ll talk in more detail about our news and a few other things over the next few days and into next week. The important thing was to convince y’all that I’m still here and getting back into the swing of blogging.

TTFN

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back, and congrats on the NaNo projects. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennie. If you read through them though, you would realise just how much revision needs to be done. Imperator (the one in my own name) has real multiple personality disorder. chapters 1-6 are a political thriller, chapter 7 onward is a military action story. I have to write something to link them - without killing off a character I need again. The other one, the less said the better. LOL. although it's in better shape plot wise, but it was supposed to cover an entire life changing week - instead it's only Monday still. Speed and volume aren't everything. I think "discovery draft" is a perfect summation. D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh -huge congratulations!! Break open the whisky and celebrate!! :))

    ReplyDelete