Tuesday 31 August 2010

Not Enough Hours 31st August 2010.

Why is it, when real life intrudes, it’s always on the day or days when you have so...... much to do.

I have Augusts’ print book (Errata came back late from the author) and September’s to upload, umpteen book files to the new retailer, and another batch to another retailer. That’s before we start on the admin tasks that are piling up.

The real life intrusion’s I do have to mention – they were two different sides of the coin, one a happy, if a tad embarrassing, the other rather sad. Firstly, my prospective son-in-law asked for my permission to marry my daughter. Not that he needed it from a legal point of view, but it was really nice he thought it important enough to actually ask. Seeing as how my daughter has never been happier I was hardly likely to say no, was I? (Actually I did but laughed and spoiled the joke, couldn’t actually keep my face straight). That was last night, the second event, the sad one, was a funeral I attended this morning – a retired teacher who served at my children’s school for a very long time, all his working career, and he was my daughter’s favourite teacher too.

The contrast between the two events is startling and it has a tendency to throw off my thought patterns as my brain constantly wants to re-evaluate either of the two events. As a result it’s hard to concentrate on the grind of uploading files and descriptions and prices to the retailers.

I doubt there are enough hours in the day to clean up the workload for today – still it beats sitting still twiddling my thumbs...

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful news about your daughter -many congrats to both!

    Sorry to hear about the funeral though - what an up-and-down week ...

    Hugs & stuff

    Anne
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne.
    Too true about the week though.
    Thanks for the hugs.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a rollercoaster week. Take care and don't work too hard.

    ReplyDelete