Monday 30 August 2010

New systems, new issues 30th August 2010.

I’m afraid I’m on an administration kick today and probably for the next few days.
Sobs quietly into his coffee mug.

Firstly, after protracted conversations with our accountants we’ve been persuaded to start using a particular accounts system.

So I can foresee many hours spent copying information from spreadsheet into system, and downloading it back to cross-check it. What fun!

I'm also now deeply buried in SEO (that's Search Engine Optimisation) for the web site which is proving to be a real snarled up nightmare.

The third admin task is we’ve now hooked up with another retailer. Albeit this one is probably going to be quite small for now, but they’ll grow. I now have ninety-one e-books in four formats to upload to them. Along with cover images, descriptions formatted excerpts, etc. etc. etc. Still at least this one has had the decency to put a lot of thought into their back end system – as well as trying to develop a nice front end for their customers.

Finally I have to sort out another query with one of our existing retailers, who I think are becoming so large they are having trouble keeping up with issues raised with their customer services team. – So that’s another series of e-mails.

Fun times.

NOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment